Friday, October 21, 2011

Stacey on WTVQ

Such an eventful day! On the drive to WTVQ, Stacey was practicing her conversation, pretending that I was Kristi Runyon. As we pull into the parking lot all she could do was sit in silence. I parked my minivan, turned off the ignition only to hear, "who's idea was this anyway?" I bust out laughing! We walk inside, head straight for the ladies room and, YES, I pull out my powder for Stacey to put on her face. "No shiny noses on camera, " I say. Before "going on the air" she was a bundle of nerves. Her hands were shaking and tummy was full of butterflies. I couldn't help but giggle a little, knowing that I would be feeling the same way, if in that position. Kristi turned to Stacey and I to say "ten minutes." That was the longest ten minutes that I had ever sat next to a friend, in silence. "One minute, " the camera person yells. Stacey calmly adjusts her position on the sofa. "In 5, 4, 3..."October is National Dyslexia Awareness Month and today we have Stacey Ashley from The Reading Room with us," announces Kristi. Wow! My head was spinning. This is not the same person that I have been with for the last hour. Reporting the warning signs and symptoms to parents with such compassion and knowledge. Where did the "bundle of nerves go?" She "reported" such valuable information and touched on what families need to help their children. I was like a proud "stage mom." watching in the wings. As we all know, stage moms know nothing about how to do the job, but they are always there to support! You hit a homerun today, Stacey!

No comments:

Post a Comment